A great couple of hours!

Barry-W-Fenner

I got home from work in decent time today and managed to get the 300p set up around 5pm. Jupiter and Saturn were both dropping below the horizon and hanging just about the neighbours fence. The 300p was horizontal and I had to get very low to get on the EP. I was rewarded with both planets in the same FOV of the 30mm Aero ED. This is the 1st time I managed this and was extremely pleased. Not a huge amount of detail in the planets but the galilean moon were split two each side of Jupiter, Titan was also visible. Amazing views! I just about got them both in the 17.5mm Morpheus also.

Next i managed to hunt down Neptune. With the 17.5 Morph, I changed up to the 6.5mm but the views were mushy. I backed of slightly to the 9mm at x167 it looked great at this power a tiny bluish disc traveling across the FOV.

It was time for dinner now but before I went in a quick look straight up at the double cluster, stunning in the 17.5 Morph, just the sort of target I wanted it for.

Back out after dinner and I went straight to Mars, first at x167 them at x230. I was surprised how little detail is now showing. Mars is truly drifting away from us now.

Finally I located Uranus again at x167 I really like this "tiny" giant. It's similar to Neptune but the Green colour is very pleasant to see on a planets disc. A nice change from the browns, beiges and copper of Mars.

So 5 planets in one session and I was very happy with some tiwm at the EP again 😃

• Like 9