NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally a clear night!

MylesGibson

It feels like forever since a clear night was had down in the South East of England. The last few I can remember have been midweek for maybe an hour or 2, or during full moons! It at least allowed me some visual observing!

Fortunately, the skies cleared on Saturday night so I was finally able to take some images! 

I've tried M45 a few times and have always struggled to get a balance between showing the nebulosity and overdoing the stars. I have one this time I'm reasonably happy with, think the balance is not too bad. I'll add more data to it as and when I can, but I'm finally happy with the outcome. I think it may have been from taking different length exposures.

FB_IMG_1607882922493.jpg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, astro mick said:

Very nice image.Lots of Nebulosity showing here.

Mick.

Thank you :) still need a bit of work to get the stars right, but hopefully adding more data over more nights will allow me to bring the nebulosity out easier without sacrificing the stars!

2 minutes ago, kirkster501 said:

Well done.

We've had nothing but cloud and full moons since September here in Nott's.

The last time I got out to a dark sky was probably nearly 2 months ago now before Saturday! Only had a few hours visual in the garden once or twice since then too. Weather has been terrible the last half of this year!