NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Easy Focus Lever

mikemarotta

I am a writer. I can do mechanical stuff, and I enjoy the learning, but it is a steep curve. In Philip Harrington's Star Ware (page 288)  is a description of a lever for the focus adjustment. Unfortunately, the directions include drilling two holes. I do not have a shop bench. However, the concept was clear. This is my version. 

Focusser Mod pic 2.jpg

ES-102 Mods *  - 2.jpeg

The tongue depressors ("popsicle sticks") came in a package from a crafts store. I do have a Craftsman multitool for my belt and it had the saw. The filing was with an emory board for fingernails. The best thing for me was being able to secure the connections with Elmer's Glue. I have Gorilla Glue, but I always have hard time getting it off my hands. (When I was a kid and built model planes and cars, I often had a glue thumbprint on the windscreen. Just sayin'...) The staples held the pieces for the 24-hour cure. The paper covers the staples.  Easy peasy.  Also, Harrington's fix ( credited to Florian Boyd of Palm Springs, California) required a U-bolt. None I found fit easily or well, but the hose clamp with worm screw did solve the problem.

Edited by mikemarotta
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1