Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M38

philj

I had a window of about 1 hour last night to set up with my 102ED on the CGE then the flippin clouds rolled in :) . I frequently use M38 to check focus so end up with subs all over the place. This is 10 minutes from last night plus about 30 from sometime last year :(

102ED with 0.8 FF, on CGE with Aldi guidescope for last nights subs, Mak 127 guidescope for the others. ISO 800. I had a play with some Noels actions to add artificial spikes.

I quite like it now, it was a bit flat before

Hope you like it

Phil

post-14930-133877353526_thumb.jpg

No comments Phil! You must be feeling a bit brassed off about that because this is a cracking M38. Very tight stars and I agree that the careful use of spikes has worked very well aesthetically. How are you finding the CGE?

No comments Phil! You must be feeling a bit brassed off about that because this is a cracking M38. Very tight stars and I agree that the careful use of spikes has worked very well aesthetically. How are you finding the CGE?

Sorry Martin to not have replied sooner. Thanks I'm quite pleased with it because its about the only image Ive had chance to produce because of this weather.

The CGE? Ssuperb mount, I love it.

I have a review of it in the review section.

Phil

Giving me that choice is no contest CGE every time but then Ive had it for almost 5 years now.

I have had plays with the EQ6 and its a fine mount and can handle a good weight of kit, not as much as CGE tho, its also IMHO a little more portable, the CGE and all its bits is shiftable but it takes longer to set up, I got it down to about 15 minutes ish out the back of the car to looking through the ep.

But if your after putting it in a permanent observatory then thats no problem. I would go with CGE every time. The CGE has loads of carrying capacity and is an exceptional imaging mount.

Phil

Archived