Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How much should i sell this for?

Hi there folks, iam about to upgrade the mount on my celestar c8 to a CG5 and was wondering what kind of price i can hope to get for my celestron tripod and folk mount(celstar8) I have the dec motor on it and also the hand control. Any ideas? I really havn't got a clue. Advise would be appreciated.

Cheers

Daz :withstupid:

Hi Daz,

Sorry that you have not had a reply yet. It's a very difficult piece of equipment to value because it's a) a little dated now (the Celestars have not been on sale for many years) and :( the mount would have to be extensively adapted to fit any scope other than a C8 of the same vintage as the mount.

I owned a Celestar 8 for a short while and paid £400 for the whole scope in good working order but without the dec motor.

On the basis that the C8 OTA's go for around £300-£350 then I suppose you could try asking £100 for the mount and see what comes forward by way of offers.

Sorry I can't be more specific - you don't see many Celestar 8's around.

John

Archived