Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Turn down the red!!!!

Greetings Fellow astro peeps, 

I have a question that I'm sure must have been asked before, if so sorry to bring it up again. 

I own a Heq5 Pro goto mount. The problem is that the polarscope illuminator is just too bright and washes out the stars. I've tried using a red torch but can't seem to get on with this approach. 

I can't see an option on the handset to turn the brightness down. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance 

Simon 

24 minutes ago, Simon Dunsmore said:

Greetings Fellow astro peeps, 

I have a question that I'm sure must have been asked before, if so sorry to bring it up again. 

I own a Heq5 Pro goto mount. The problem is that the polarscope illuminator is just too bright and washes out the stars. I've tried using a red torch but can't seem to get on with this approach. 

I can't see an option on the handset to turn the brightness down. 

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance 

Simon 

The last time I used an illuminated polar scope the brightness could be adjusted by turning the end of it until the desired level was achieved.

4 hours ago, M40 said:

Hello Simon, page 32 of the manual. The setting is hiding in the utility menu 👍

Enjoy

Hi and thanks for your replies. Unfortunately, I still can't see that setting on the hand controler. 

My Synscan manual only has 15 pages. 

I'm attaching a video of the scroll through the utility setting, no LED option there even though the manual lists the following as coming under the utility setting 

Show Position 

Display time

Park scope 

Inquire version 

PEC training 

LCD/LED tuning 

Thanks again for your help 

Simon 

Looks like you have the version 3 handset or earlier so this function isn't available via the handset. Reading what Moonshed said, the adjustment, if there is any, is on the polar scope itself. If you manage to do it, let us know how so if anybody has this challenge in the future the info can be found.

Enjoy

9 hours ago, M40 said:

Looks like you have the version 3 handset or earlier so this function isn't available via the handset. Reading what Moonshed said, the adjustment, if there is any, is on the polar scope itself. If you manage to do it, let us know how so if anybody has this challenge in the future the info can be found.

Enjoy

Hi Folks, I've had a look at the polarscope and have absolutely no idea how to turn down the brightness from there. 

I read somewhere about painting the bulb with nail varnish. Anyone have any idea how to get to it or an alternative? 

Thanks 

Simon