NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Any idea what this is?

Adam1234

Hi all. I'm playing around with Pixinsight (learning Pixinsight I should say). re-processing data for NGC6888 that I captured in November. I've  calibrated my subs and was checking them out before moving into image registration, and I noticed this weird line in one of my Ha frames.

Any idea what it is? It's in the original image as well, but doesn't appear to be in any of the other subs. The image has been autostretched and heavily cropped.

218087625_whiteline.jpg.8ec36b8c7fdae53de60cef5b31a10b5d.jpg

My first thought is hot pixels, but I'm unsure as it's not in any of the other subs. TBH I'm not even sure what I'm looking for with hot (or cold) pixels, no idea what they are supposed to look like,

As a side note, I tried running cosmetic correction (not that I know what I'm doing with that either) - used the real-time preview so I could see what effect it has, but as soon as I turned on the preview the image turned really grainy and I'm unsure why, adjusting the parameters didn't really do much, and certainly didn't remove the weird line. Safe to say I didn't apply any cosmetic correction. I don't think I'll be using CC in a hurry at the moment until I know what I'm doing with it. Any pointers will be appreciated.

FYI here is the original, and calibrated (with dark and flat) full frame version of the above crop

original

Original.thumb.jpg.eb2819650a300539a88a31bd5e8f85e6.jpg

calibrated

Calibrated.thumb.jpg.865a76065be9487b7290f7ada30c9417.jpg