Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Motorizing a filter wheel 2" :)

msacco

8 minutes ago, msacco said:

And that's great...When you say that you haven't had to touch the offsets since the initial calibration, do you mean that the calibration calculates the offsets and stores them 'permanently'?

The calibration in my case is just a manual/visual process to see where the filter slot stops and whether it needs adjustment. Then yes these adjustments are stored on board 'permanently'. Until you change them again that is. I haven't had to change mine

I can't remember whether uploading a new version of the Arduino code retains the values. Probably not...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, kbrown said:

The calibration in my case is just a manual/visual process to see where the filter slot stops and whether it needs adjustment. Then yes these adjustments are stored on board 'permanently'. Until you change them again that is. I haven't had to change mine

I can't remember whether uploading a new version of the Arduino code retains the values. Probably not...

So the calibration is just something you're running at the beginning of each session just to initialize the positions or something? Or you don't even need that since you can just know when you reach position x?

And thanks a lot for answering all my questions, it's really helpful.

Edited by msacco

7 minutes ago, msacco said:

So the calibration is just something you're running at the beginning of each session just to initialize the positions or something? Or you don't even need that since you can just know when you reach position x?

No. I only needed to do it once after I had my modifications ready and assembled. From there on it just re-uses the offsets from the Arduino EEPROM memory. You shouldn't have to touch them even if you open the housing to take out the wheel in order to change filters.

2 minutes ago, kbrown said:

No. I only needed to do it once after I had my modifications ready and assembled. From there on it just re-uses the offsets from the Arduino EEPROM memory. You shouldn't have to touch them even if you open the housing to take out the wheel in order to change filters.

Oh, I thought you were referring to different type of calibrations, 1 for offsets which you do just once, and the other that you do just to get the current position or something in case it's manually moved, but yeah since you have the sensors there's probably no need to that.

Awesome, thanks :)

Just now, msacco said:

Oh, I thought you were referring to different type of calibrations, 1 for offsets which you do just once, and the other that you do just to get the current position or something in case it's manually moved, but yeah since you have the sensors there's probably no need to that.

Awesome, thanks :)

Yes. There is no need for homing. You can just put the wheel in an it'll just work...