NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Light with new ZWO ASI 1600 MM Pro

astro mick

Hi.

Unbelievabley a tiny window open for me to test my new camera last night.Admittedly it was fairly foggy,but a small window high above enabled me to get nearly 2hrs on M33.This is a mono cmos camera,and it is the first i have had,being reluctant to abandon the traditional ccd.

This camera has a fairly large sensor which really attracted me to it.The only downside is it is really suited to the 2 inch filters,and not 1.25 which mine are.So i was getting a bit of vignetting in the corners,however careful flats can overcome this.

I took about 50 120 second images at Unity gain,which i understand was a good place to start.

The cooling does seem to take a little longer,than my previous ccds, but it seemed quite happy at -18 degrees to which i set.

I am very pleased at the final image,and cant wait until i can get some RGB.That could be a while.

I usually upload photos as PNG but it kept failing so uploaded in JPEG form.

Cheeers.

Mick.

• USB3.0 Port (back compatible with USB2.0) - 14.7fps@4656x3520  124.5fps@320X240

M33a.jpg

• Like 8

That's come out great Mick.  Good luck with the new camera, I'm sure you'll keep getting similarly good results.  

I think the 1.25 filters are common with this camera (with the flats correction you mention) so you probably don't need to worry too much.  I'm sure plenty of owners will be along shortly to confirm/deny.

I think you must have got the only tiny window recently 🙂

Edited by geeklee

2 hours ago, geeklee said:

That's come out great Mick.  Good luck with the new camera, I'm sure you'll keep getting similarly good results.  

I think the 1.25 filters are common with this camera (with the flats correction you mention) so you probably don't need to worry too much.  I'm sure plenty of owners will be along shortly to confirm/deny.

I think you must have got the only tiny window recently 🙂

Thanks Lee.

Yes very lucky indeed.I was enventually stopped by fog,it just became so thick i could,nt even see Orion.

Mick.

• Like 1