Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher inhanced dual axis kit question

Quick question about the Skywatcher inhanced dual axis kit, Ive just picked one up second hand but cant find out what the two buttons on the right side of the handset are for and skywatchers manual does not tell me what they do. Does anyone have this axis kit and if so can you explain to me what the button on the side are for? image.png.bb7e115371d3b7c6917d64b48d32df8c.png

The buttons on the enhanced handset are marked Inv RA and Inv Dec. Inv is short fort for "invert" which means you can switch the direction of the RA and DEC axis buttons.

From FLO:

"The hand controller also has a convenient facility to invert the direction of the UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT buttons so the directions on the handset can match those you see through the telescope."

• Like 1

Ah I see, many thanks for the swift reply I tried it out last night despite the clouds and could not get a shot with out star trails in it so must have been my settings or slack in my worm gears but will have another play with it when the clouds decide to go away again. Still in two minds about fully upgrading to the synscan upgrade for the eq5 mount so for now this will have to do so I can get back into imaging again. Hoping this enhanced controller is better then the other ones.

Well very happy with the skywatcher enhanced dual axis kit gave it a test run tonight after a very quick rough and ready polar alignment on my eq5 mount with my 200p a full moon but a clear bit of sky and tried a quick shot of the Orion Nebula ISO 800 30 sec exposure and got this from on single shot. Cant wait to give it a go when Mr Blobby had gone away feels good to be imaging again at long last. Looks like the Skywatcher enhanced dual axis controller is a winner and also pleased by the preformance of my unmodded canon 450d. 

IMG_2365.JPG

• Like 1