NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

rings for 70mm frac

neil phillips

I think guiding rings would work, but they are more of a fiddle to remove than the ones than open on a hinge.  I got some rings for my Televue  76 from Ali express.  They were just slightly larger than I wanted but a bit of felt had them sorted out.

Edited by Oldfort

I recently had the same problem and after looking everywhere eventually found some Skywatcher rings in the right size from 365 Astronomy.  I've just looked on their site and they're no longer listed.  Unfortunately it seems as though Skywatcher have discontinued this size.

However it may be worth asking 365 Astronomy if they still have a set.  They did have 3 if I remember.  Here's the details of what I ordered, including where they're stored in their warehouse.  Good luck!

Products ordered
SKU Product Location VAT Item price Q/ty Total
365630-tub75 SkyWatcher 76mm Tube Mounting Rings F1A3
20%
£23.00   1 £23.00
Subtotal: £23.00
Shipping cost: £4.80
Total: £27.80
including VAT 20.00 %: £4.63
Thank you for your purchase!

Thank you for using our shopping system

365Astronomy
Phone: 020 33 845187
URL: www.365astronomy.com

Just found these identical looking ones at TS in Germany for you (a bit more expensive though).  Showing as in stock.

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p981_Orion-Cradle-Rings---Aluminium---for-Tubes-with-diameter-76-mm.html

Edited by Second Time Around

10 hours ago, Oldfort said:

I think guiding rings would work, but they are more of a fiddle to remove than the ones than open on a hinge.  I got some rings for my Televue  76 from Ali express.  They were just slightly larger than I wanted but a bit of felt had them sorted out.

Agreed more hassle removing. Might have found some open hinge ones. Thanks for the input.

8 hours ago, Second Time Around said:

Just found these identical looking ones at TS in Germany for you (a bit more expensive though).  Showing as in stock.

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p981_Orion-Cradle-Rings---Aluminium---for-Tubes-with-diameter-76-mm.html

Thanks for all that info. Found the same or similar ones earlier. Not a easy part to find.