Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC1499

Phillyo

I added another 61 x 5min of data to this last night and I expected to get more from it but I'm struggling to edit this one. The noise is much much better, and there's more detail and nebula but I expected a bit more? Maybe I'm expecting too much for only 6 hours of data? 

73 x 5 min with IDAS NBX filter through the samyang 135 at about F2.4 (stop down rings used). HEQ5 pro with rowan belt and the ASI533 at gain 100 offset 15. Edited in PI (badly). Moon is rising again and there aren't any clear nights coming up so this might have to be it for now. Try something else.

Thanks for looking,

Phil

NGC1499_final.jpg

• Like 9

I suppose it all depends on your preference in processing.  The data looks pretty low noise.  I just took your image and tweaked a bit, if you don't mind.  I think it enhances some of the features, but I didn't try too hard.

Tony

Image127.thumb.jpg.44a62c0975c397c5bd3b6d60914dc32c.jpg

• Like 3

I had a quick look at the data file, and concentrated on contrast within the nebula, rather than star colour, or anything else.  Nothing special, either, on noise suppression.  But this does seem to show better structure and contrast than achieved with JPEG (as you might hope.)

Tony.

Image139.thumb.jpg.3a0d7d258ac3598553e040c48389d731.jpg

• Like 1