NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Filters for Visual Astronomy

FLO

On your blurb for #29 (Dark Red) you could add:
* Use as an alternative to a Moon filter to enhance contrast (especially near Full Moon) and improve sharpness.

Almost nobody believes this until they try it 🙂  - essentially, a #29 is a narrow band-pass filter, so it almost totally eliminates the effects of chromatic aberration anywhere in the optical chain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BinocularSky said:

On your blurb for #29 (Dark Red) you could add:
* Use as an alternative to a Moon filter to enhance contrast (especially near Full Moon) and improve sharpness.

Almost nobody believes this until they try it 🙂  - essentially, a #29 is a narrow band-pass filter, so it almost totally eliminates the effects of chromatic aberration anywhere in the optical chain.

Done. Thank-you Steve 🙂 

Wratten 29 Dark red Filter

• Like 1

Just the descriptions and use cases make me think of doing a bit of visual, got into imaging DSOs, but when I start looking at planets again when they become sufficiently high in the sky these will be nice cheap additions. I like the pick'n'mix idea, perhaps come up with some bundle deals that make sense as well.

• Like 1