Yawn...And another M31

tomato

Apologies if folks are getting M31 image fatigue, I know I am with capturing and processing this galaxy.

This is 150 x 60 secs with a RASA 8 and QHY 268c OSC, processed through APP (3+ hours to calibrate and stack) and Affinity Photo. The stars in the corners are horrendous, as my spacing and tilt still need sorting on this set up.

I've tried to be a bit more subtle than my usual processing approach, I like this orientation of the galaxy, it seems to make the spiral structure clearer.

Thanks for looking

479338457_M31RASA268Best150frames-RGB-session_1-mod-lpc-cbg-St-1(2).thumb.jpg.b380825ef444dbe8b2a49c71434f286e.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, tomato said:

Apologies if folks are getting M31 image fatigue, I know I am with capturing and processing this galaxy.

This is 150 x 60 secs with a RASA 8 and QHY 268c OSC, processed through APP (3+ hours to calibrate and stack) and Affinity Photo. The stars in the corners are horrendous, as my spacing and tilt still need sorting on this set up.

I've tried to be a bit more subtle than my usual processing approach, I like this orientation of the galaxy, it seems to make the spiral structure clearer.

Thanks for looking

479338457_M31RASA268Best150frames-RGB-session_1-mod-lpc-cbg-St-1(2).thumb.jpg.b380825ef444dbe8b2a49c71434f286e.jpg

Very nice!  There certainly is a good variety of star shapes to keep even the most discerning pixel peeper interested for a considerable period of time 🤣

• Haha 1

This is a terrific rendition of M31.  I never get tired of looking at images of M31 and am fascinated to see the variety of processing approaches.  This is a lovely, bling free, style which works really well.  Judging by the info contained in Olly's recent threat the colour is looking balance is looking very good.

Wonky stars reminds me of old wind up about hairs on the palm of your hand.  What is the second sign of madness? Wonky stars.  What is the first sign? Looking for them!

• Thanks 1

Thanks, I confess I can’t get as worked up as some over star shapes, but there is definitely room for improvement on my current setup. There is a plan in place once I can get access to machine tools post the lockdown.

• Like 1