Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WebEx observing for friend

Concretedan

Hi all,

Has anyone used WebEx (or equivalent) and shared their screen with friends and family whilst observing?  I'm thinking about doing this for some friends who have just started in astronomy and some family who are curious!  I'd have a list of targets and even take some requests from them but I just wondered if anyone had done this and had any tips please?

Many thanks,

All the best,

Dan

• Like 1

Works a treat with Zoom.

Our local astro society (Abingdon) used to have physical observing sessions, but now, of course, that's not possible, so Zoom takes it places.  Works rather well, actually. 

If a general audience is to enjoy it, it need to be rather slick, in terms of finding targets, capturing the data, and presenting it.  Those used to doing EEA/EEVA are fairly practised at this anyway.  The right software helps (real-time stacking, etc.) but that's somewhat dependent on which camera you plan to use.

Tony

Some people are using Open Broadcast Studio to aggregate their sources (video, audio, windows, etc). In it you can setup  a Virtual Video Camera, and then feed that into Zoom or Facebook live as the video source. There are lots of options and seems to work well, and is free.

Callum