Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Improved Pentax dust caps

markse68

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Don Pensack said:

They are generally available.  It is not one of the eyepieces that ES has sold out on.

They may be generally available in the US / Canada but they are all sold out in UK /  EU with lead times of many months being quoted to get hold of one.  

I could import one from the US.... they cost about $550 there with about $40 for postage and $150 for import duty = $740 ~= £550.

UK sites quote prices around £390 (all out of stock of course) .... so its a premium of about £160 to import one from US.... and with quite a large amount of capital at risk if things go wrong en-route. (It's the extra risk rather than extra cost that put's me off).

Now it might be that when they do become available again in the UK it will be at prices of around £550.... so maybe the extra £160 is not really a premium to import one but is actually a reflection of recent price increases by ES that have not fed through to the UK/EU yet simply because there aren't any changing hands.... but we just won't know until trading starts up again in these EPs on this side of the pond.

Don, if you can get one to me for around £400 please PM me :thumbright:

Edited by globular