Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First view of saturn

Milliways

got my first view of saturn and its moons last night (plus took images of it :) ) Was an amazing sight!! pitty that the rings where pointing towards me, would have been great to see the rings, Amazing sight and will remember it for the rest of my life.

It stays with you forever. My first Saturn viewing in 2005 is still as clear as day. I still remember the tingling feeling. The great thing now is that each year the view of the rings is going to improve for you. :)

Matt

I first viewed Saturn in a 60mm achromat and tiny as it was it was unforgetable.

Hope you have more great views especially when seeing is good, planets are amazingly beautiful.

JohnH.

It's a fantastic sight I remember mine very well indeed. Still to see it in my 16" so can't wait for that.

Hehe yeah i bet it will look amazing in your 16" :) Was very impressed with my little 5" etx125, saw the rings and some moons too :) fantastic! When i find myself another job (please god) and fix my car :crybaby: I will save and get the 12" SkywatcherFlexitube, should get some amazing views with that :)

I will save and get the 12" SkywatcherFlexitube, should get some amazing views with that

Oh you will, when I was up at Kielder, the view through my 12" was every bit as good as the observatories 14" LX200. mind I was using a borrowed Nagler. :)

Archived