NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eyepiece size for Pollox 900

Hi. I'm just wondering does anyone know the barrel size/eyepiece size for this particular telescope my friend has bought and is in post. Is it 0.96 or 1.25 ? It's called a "Prolux 900" and it's a 114/900 Newt. reflector and is German, made by "Astro-Teleskop". Here's a picture. I would be massively grateful if anyone knew/could tell me, or even make an educated guess from personal experience ?? Thanks, Wes.boxed-prolux-900-astronomical-telescope-

Edited by wesdon1

1 hour ago, wesdon1 said:

Hi. I'm just wondering does anyone know the barrel size/eyepiece size for this particular telescope my friend has bought and is in post. Is it 0.96 or 1.25 ? It's called a "Prolux 900" and it's a 114/900 Newt. reflector and is German, made by "Astro-Teleskop". Here's a picture. I would be massively grateful if anyone knew/could tell me, or even make an educated guess from personal experience ?? Thanks, Wes.boxed-prolux-900-astronomical-telescope-

Just measure it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wesdon1 said:

If the diameter of the the inside of the focuser tube is around 33mm, then it's 1.25". If it's below 25mm, then it's 0.965".

Ask the seller to measure the inside diameter of the focuser drawtube opening, where the eyepieces are fitted OR ask him / her to measure the diameter of the chrome barrels on the 2 eyepieces that come with it, according to the description.

(this scope is for sale on e.bay I think)

While the box / instructions might be in German I doubt that the scope was made there. It looks like one of the far eastern 114mm F/7.9 newtonians.

Edited by John
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2020 at 18:28, toshapetriji said:

Just measure it.

lol that was the problem my friend! I/we couldn't measure it because we didn't have it in our possession yet! I/we wanted to buy 1.25 EP's for it but because we didn't yet have it ( in the post ) we couldn't be sure we were buying correct sizes! Thanks for the advice.

Edited by wesdon1
missed a bit!