NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Apps for ios

wookie1965

I don’t know anything about Synscannit as I use an iPhone and I don’t know what information you need but if it’s polar alignment the Polar Scope align Pro is excellent. If you need mount control then SkySafari is compatible with Skywatcher mounts 

I have a SynScan WiFi dongle which I believe you can stick into any SW Alt-Az mount: I use it on my AZ-EQ6. I then use the SynScan Pro App to control it, from my iPhone. It all works much better than just the handset alone. I can even use SkySafari at the same time to control the mount if I wish.

Cheers, Magnus

Edited by Captain Magenta
typo

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.RapidoDroid.synscaninit2&hl=en_GB&gl=US

This is the app, I used to use the wifi dongle with Sysncan pro and Sky Safari  for some reason it does not work now.

If you look at the first picture you can see the list of things your handset asks for the co ordinates are already in, the date, time, elevation, polar hour and polar scope need to correspond. 

Then you use the reticle  to position the mount.