SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Scope has arrived

AustenPhil

32 minutes ago, Dexterous said:

Thanks Starwatcher .. i have been enjoying the moon watching. I am slightly not happy with eyepiece though .. It seems little difficult to use.  Any ideas on the eyepiece for this scope.. :) 

Rather than repeat my story about eyepieces, I'll point you to where I told it earlier:

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/366444-what-do-i-need/?tab=comments#comment-3989402

and

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/366517-hi-all/?tab=comments#comment-3990148

Any 1.25" fitting eyepiece will go in the heritage 150, what is best for you depends on a lot of things, not least how much money you are prepared to spend !

Heather

Hi @AustenPhil! I'm a newbie to the forum, but I have a question about your telescope. My biggest concern with the open ones like that is reports online of needing a light shroud, and dew on the mirrors etc. Have you had any issues like that, do you feel the need for a light shroud etc? I'd appreciate any feedback from yourself (or anyone else on here!), thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
On 23/11/2020 at 14:49, Jasonb said:

Hi @AustenPhil! I'm a newbie to the forum, but I have a question about your telescope. My biggest concern with the open ones like that is reports online of needing a light shroud, and dew on the mirrors etc. Have you had any issues like that, do you feel the need for a light shroud etc? I'd appreciate any feedback from yourself (or anyone else on here!), thanks!

Hi @Jasonb sorry for the delayed response I have been using mine for a cppl of months now just in my back garden on an estate with a very close street light however have not noticed any major issues with stray light or dew I  have created a simple light shroud from foam @Lockie has a great video on YouTube which I have followed  to make one for under £15 and it works perfectly 

• Like 1