Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APM Website?

BS269

Going to buy the APM 20mm 100° EP, seen it’s being sold on an APM named website but looks a bit weird to me. 

could anyone confirm this is their official website, and is safe to purchase from? 

http://apm-telescopes-englisch.shopgate.com/item/3133363731

I can get the eyepiece from teleskop express, but it’s more expensive for delivery.

cheers!

5 minutes ago, johninderby said:

This is the correct link.

https://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/optical-accessories/eyepieces/more-74-ultra-wide-angle/apm-lunt-eyepieces/apm-hdc-xwa-20-mm-100-eyepiece.html

Think the link you have is one of those shopping sites that links to the product.

Thanks John, different web link for sure but takes me to exactly the same page. Least I know it’s safe though. Cheers!

6 hours ago, johninderby said:

I ordered something from them earlier this week and arriving tomorrow. 🙏🏼

Not an eyepiece though. 🙂

I was looking for a wide field EP and was about to go for ES 20mm 100°. Then all of a sudden I heard about the APM being cheaper and better 🤔 gave it a research and seems to be the common opinion!

Will have to get one of the APM eyepieces, but later on. Two new scopes in about a month have blown the astro budget for a while. 🙄

My new Concenter  Visus collimator arrived before 8:00 this morning. 👍🏻

Edited by johninderby

5 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Will have to get one of the APM eyepieces, but later on. Two new scopes in about a month have blown the astro budget for a while. 🙄

My new Concenter  Visus collimator arrived before 8:00 this morning. 👍🏻

APM website wanted €45 for delivery... nah. do you know if astrograph.net is a trustworthy site?

very nice! What scopes did you get? That sounds like a fancy collimator!!

3 minutes ago, johninderby said:

You might try asking Zoltan at 365astronomy if he can get the eyepiece. He stocks a lot of APM kit so might be able to order one in? 🤔

I’m happy to buy from teleskop express now, it’s €17 for delivery which isn’t great but I’m really hoping it might arrive sometime next week for the nicer weather, which I haven’t had for weeks. Way I’m seeing it I’m now not spending as much as I would have if I go for the ES. 

very nice looking scopes! How come you got the 6” CC though, did you get rid of your 8”??

I allways use the DPD shipping option with Telescope Express. Gets here in a couple of days and you know exactly when it is arriving.

The 6” is my grab’n’go classical cassegrain. Just small and light enough to fit on my Berlelbach Report tripod and small alt-az mount. can carry the whole thing outside one handed. 🙂

The CC8 is a lot bigger and heavier and works great on my AZ100 mount but not exactly grab’n’go. 😬

2 hours ago, johninderby said:

I allways use the DPD shipping option with Telescope Express. Gets here in a couple of days and you know exactly when it is arriving.

The 6” is my grab’n’go classical cassegrain. Just small and light enough to fit on my Berlelbach Report tripod and small alt-az mount. can carry the whole thing outside one handed. 🙂

The CC8 is a lot bigger and heavier and works great on my AZ100 mount but not exactly grab’n’go. 😬

I went with DPD too, had to wait a few days before they arrive in stock I think but hopefully won’t be waiting months like most orders are seeming to take.

the CC6 was a great price I remember, and for only 2” less aperture it was tempting when you were telling me about the CC. I still intend on getting one some day, but a deal came up for a 300p dob that I couldn’t turn down. Love the dob but also can’t wait to get a planet killer one day!

On 31/10/2020 at 09:03, johninderby said:

You might try asking Zoltan at 365astronomy if he can get the eyepiece. He stocks a lot of APM kit so might be able to order one in? 🤔

I’ve looked at quite a few items on teleskop and 365/Astrograph and the uk retailers alway work out cheaper after exchange rate and postage takers into account.

1 hour ago, Deadlake said:

I’ve looked at quite a few items on teleskop and 365/Astrograph and the uk retailers alway work out cheaper after exchange rate and postage takers into account.

I probably have paid about 10-15£ more from ordering through teleskop, but I didn’t know if astrograph was a reliable company at the time. At least I’ll know for next time!