Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Venus

brendant

F

irst time I managed to get home in time from work early enough before it disappears behind the neighbours trees, mount setup roughly, taken with the 400D , ED80 2x Barlow and 13mm Hyperion with the camera connected directly for eyepiece projection, and shot through the front room double glazing as nowhere outside to put the scope and still see it !!!!.

Can't complain, at least it's there.

Brendan

Blimey, eyepeice projection, 400D AND through a window.

Conditions were certainly stacked against you - but you've got a nice image. For a single (or maybe just a few frames) you've got a cracker.

If you can next time try increasing the distance between the EP and the dSLR. This will increase image scale and make the planet bigger!

Apart from that, focus looks good, exposure also good!

Well done.

Ant

Thanks Ant, yes it's just a single frame, only managed three exposures before the cloud blocked it out completely, the same cloud that deposited an inch of snow fifteen minutes later, this blinking weather, five minutes clear sky is good going at the moment.

I would have had a go at stacking barlows but with he mount only sitting up to the window, no alignment, and no tracking on, it was pushing it to keep it in the field of view as it was :) .

Brendan

I love snow :)

Try increasing the distance from eyepeice to camera as I think you'll get a better result than stacking barlows.

Well I always seemed to. Looking forward to your next trip out!

Ant

Archived