NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

resolved

No idea as the manual on the SW site for updating the firmware says and shows plug 12v into the controller. Mine does not have a 2.1mm socket on the controller. It looks like the manual is out of date. Unless you are having issues I would leave it alone as the firmware only seems to update connection to the GPS module and fix some minor bugs.

Edited by TerryMcK

Thank you Terry.  The firmware of my controller is 4.39.04, I hope to update it to 04.39.10 since the firmware "Update and correct the telescope pointing issue for those AZ-GTi or AZ-GTe mounts, which are configured working in Equatorial mode with a latitude wedge."  I am using a hand controller with the AZ-GTI as I have problem connecting it through wi-fi.

A follow-up on the issue. 

I wrote an email to Skywatcher but there is no feedback at all not even an reply that they are dealing with the inquiry.  This is terrible customer support, I hope Skywatcher can seriously improve their customer support resources and give better training to the CS personnel.

7 hours ago, Chi said:

A follow-up on the issue. 

I wrote an email to Skywatcher but there is no feedback at all not even an reply that they are dealing with the inquiry.  This is terrible customer support, I hope Skywatcher can seriously improve their customer support resources and give better training to the CS personnel.

I contacted them too regarding a different firmware issue, it's possible they just don't have the staff at the moment (literally).

On 21/10/2020 at 18:41, jonathan said:

I contacted them too regarding a different firmware issue, it's possible they just don't have the staff at the moment (literally).

Thank you for your reply.  I hope that is the case and their customer support will become better again. 

Anyways, I finally upgrade the firmware to the latest 04.39.15, it has been a bit of trial and error without the instruction manual.

7 hours ago, Chi said:

Thank you for your reply.  I hope that is the case and their customer support will become better again. 

Anyways, I finally upgrade the firmware to the latest 04.39.15, it has been a bit of trial and error without the instruction manual.

I received a reply from Skywatcher yesterday, it took them about ten days so perhaps expect a delay of around that long.  It was a good reply though, answered my question.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/10/2020 at 16:49, jonathan said:

I received a reply from Skywatcher yesterday, it took them about ten days so perhaps expect a delay of around that long.  It was a good reply though, answered my question.

Nice to hear that their support finally replied and answered your question.

On 23/10/2020 at 14:51, jambouk said:

Can you share how you did it?

I figure that the hand control is the same as Orion V5 so I follow the instruction and tries a few times with different set up before success.  An USB A-B cable is good for the job.

Edited by Chi
  • Like 1

• Chi changed the title to Skywatcher Synscan hand controller V5 - how to update firmware ? (solved and shared)