NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SHO Heart

Adreneline

This is 13 x SII + 26 x Ha + 34 x OIII, all 180s taken with ASI1600 + Canon 200m, unguided. The plan was to get a lot more SII but clouds and aircraft conspired against me. As and when the opportunity presents itself I might get some more SII, but there again I might not!

Heart-SHO-aa.thumb.jpg.78aeb3fb0883837b235dd73a7fe93d2d.jpg

Pre-processed in APP, starless processed in PI and combined with starfield stretched in PS using lighten layer.

As always C&C welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

• Like 14

Looks like a fine pile of data to me!  I suppose at that focal lenght, the guiding isn't at all needed - the stars look good at Screen Size.   I think the pic would benefit from a healthy saturation boost though.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mikey2000 said:

I think the pic would benefit from a healthy saturation boost though.

Haha - I'm more of a pastel man myself but I can do that!

Heart-SHO-aa-Lum.thumb.jpeg.e292f071773fcb90838d8a11aa8cd2a2.jpeg

The CEM25-EC doesn't gain any benefit from guiding that I can see at 135mm - 200mm that I use. In fact the benefit of not guiding is that I can leave it running, go to bed, and if it clouds over and then clears again I don't suffer a total hit. I got pretty fed up with PHD2 deciding to stop imaging and park the OTA because it had lost sight of a guide star. 

Adrian

On 16/10/2020 at 00:00, Adreneline said:

I got pretty fed up with PHD2 deciding to stop imaging and park the OTA because it had lost sight of a guide star. 

I have sgp set to retry every 2 minutes for one and a half hours to try and avoid that. 

On 16/10/2020 at 00:12, Adreneline said:

Perhaps a blend of the two works better

I love it, looks great in my opinion 😍😍

Emil

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, emyliano2000 said:

I have sgp set to retry every 2 minutes for one and a half hours to try and avoid that.

Thanks for the heads-up on that one - not sure when/if I will use SGP again but it's good to know - it would probably help if I read the manaul!

38 minutes ago, emyliano2000 said:

I love it, looks great in my opinion 😍😍

I can find myself tinkering around with layers and blends and curves and sliders for ever - it's knowing when to stop.

Glad you liked this particular stopping point. :)

Adrian

• Like 1