SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

3 Hours on M33 Triangulum Galaxy

myk68

Hi All

So it cleared up last night and I got nearly 3 hours of useful data on M33.  Most surprised for the UK weather at the moment

just finished initial processing. might try tease a bit more out later, but I have other nights data on M3 that I want to incorporate as well.

Any comments welcome as always.  Thanks for looking

M33_85x2min_processed.jpg

• Like 9

It's a very sound image. It would improve with more data and that's about it. 

The background sky has significant colour noise and looks a bit 'busy' as a result.  More data would tame it but if you have Photoshop or similar you can select the background sky using the Colour Range selector

2034548258_colournoise2.JPG.be4b6273dc7a76b0bd118b7a4dcc79da.JPG

...and then, with just the background selected as above, you can either go to Colour-Saturation and redice the saturation or, as I did here, go to Noise-Reduce Noise and set the adjustments as seen below. (I didn't want to make the sky oily-smooth so the basic noise reduction is set to zero, but colour noise reduction is set to maximum. Ignore the Sharpen Details setting. I just forgot to set it to zero) I thought this made an improvement when applied.

172030906_COLOURNOISE3.JPG.9c8701fc7995685515d02e5b71bbe2da.JPG

Olly

• Like 1

Looking good, I agree with Olly, there is a hint of colour in the background. More integration time will make the detail stand out better, not sure when you will get an opportunity to do that based on the current UK forecast.