Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY183c help!

edjrgibbs

Looking for some help. I've recently got a QHY183c and managed to get an imaging run in yesterday. I then took 2 hours of darks today on a different computer but can't stack the darks with the lights as they are slightly different sized images. Any ideas? Lights are 5544 x 3692 and darks are 5544 x 3684....

Capture.PNG

If you are using the ASCOM driver there is a tick box option to "remove overscan area" when an image is downloaded - perhaps you have that ticked on one computer but not the other? The overscan area is not required for image processing so that check box would usually be selected.

• 4 weeks later...

So, got to the bottom of the problem but unfortunately no solution. I was using a newer version of APT on my main computer. I updated on the obsy pc and its cropping the pics slightly. All settings exactly the same. I'm none the wiser why its doing this but apart from having to reshoot all of my calibration files its not a huge issue. Does make multi session stacking problematic though as I can't use any of the old data.