Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first mars - 8th Oct - Ed100 - Zwo 225MC - 2xpowermate

PH-R

Managed to get a practice run in on Thursday night ready for the 13th. My first Mars so really happy. Used sharpcap, 2000 frames. Gain 33, Exposure 21ms.

large.resize_mars_4_draft_sharpen_vib_crop.jpg.eb1aaa270d1a6ae222e4e74262797cfa.jpg

Edited by PH-R
Typo
  • Like 8

Very nice first Mars image.

Just one suggestion - if you run it through PIPP and ask it to equalise RGB channels you may get a nicer colour rendition with a whiter pole. My sensor is similar to yours and this certainly helps with my images.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tommohawk said:

Very nice first Mars image.

Just one suggestion - if you run it through PIPP and ask it to equalise RGB channels you may get a nicer colour rendition with a whiter pole. My sensor is similar to yours and this certainly helps with my images.

Thanks Tom, I will try that out.

I joined all the separate AVI clips into one large video using pipp. I then auto aligned the RGB in RegiStax and stacked the best 80%. Slight sharpen and warming filter in PS.

I prefer the following version. 150% and 100%

large.23_00_11_pipp_wave_ps_resize.jpg.65a4d6d43186f226ec3d73f06f6d4a24.jpglarge.23_00_11_pipp_pipp_g3_ap39_wave_ps.jpg.495d10a7d1ec028e57e862dd5fe7b900.jpg