NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help! Flattener woes on new Altair 72EDF

Hi all I wonder if anyone can just confirm if I'm a dummy or if there is something else I need here.

I just had an Altair Astro 72EDF Deluxe Refractor delivered.

I ordered it with a 1x flatenner, but it came with a Starwave 08X Reducer V3.  I don't mind this because it speeds things up a bit and gives bit more wideness.

The problem is I cannot work out how to fit it.

I have tried just about every combination. The only way I can get the reducer to fit is to take off the rotator and screw directly into the focuser.  I then can't connect the rotator. The Rotator is too small, if I take the outer red ring out, it's too big.

I'm rubbish with thread sizes at the best of times and now I am so confused I'm not even sure what way round it goes (I'm only half joking too!).

I've given Altair a ring and email, but not had a response as yet. I'm sure they'll come back to me soon, but thought I'd ask some advice - just to make sure I'm not compeletely mad.

Also if you're in the south of england, enjoying the rain... yeah that started just after I ordered the scope... sorry.

IMG_5672.jpg

On the scope side there's the rotator, the two inch compression ring and the 1.25 adapter.  The reducer is basically a supplied. The thread on it will only fit the focuser with the rotator removed.  I can't see anything I can change on reducer.

It's very weird

Sorted! I was dummy.  The reducer replaced everything and goes on the focuers. I didn't realise it had its own rotator - doh! Thought I'd post in case anyone has the same issue... I doubt they will, I like to complicate the simple!