NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Andromeda just testing

toxic

Andromeda

120 - 30 second exposures at iso 6400 and at F8
canon eos 90D (not moded) with 70-300 f4/5.6L at 300mm on the Star adventurer.
used bias frames and a night flat filter developed by me needs more testing
no darks no noise reduction no colour enhancement just levels to line up the colour peeks and increased levels at 10 points per itteration as shown by steve chambers on his processing video in stargazine on SGL. and cropped get rid if stacking artifacts.

stacked in dss and lightly processed in photoshop cs5.

all comments and critique welcome thanks

Andromeda Galaxy xl-2-jpeg-psp.jpg

Edited by toxic
missed f number
  • Like 17

On 30/09/2020 at 13:55, toxic said:

Andromeda

120 - 30 second exposures at iso 6400 and at F8
canon eos 90D (not moded) with 70-300 f4/5.6L at 300mm on the Star adventurer.
used bias frames and a night flat filter developed by me needs more testing
no darks no noise reduction no colour enhancement just levels to line up the colour peeks and increased levels at 10 points per itteration as shown by steve chambers on his processing video in stargazine on SGL. and cropped get rid if stacking artifacts.

stacked in dss and lightly processed in photoshop cs5.

all comments and critique welcome thanks

Andromeda Galaxy xl-2-jpeg-psp.jpg

I'm looking at the star adventurer now for my canon 450d along with my tamron 70-300mm lens, to see if possible I x as n use it on my tripod from dark sites, how do you rate the star adventurer 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toxic said:

yes i was surprised about the noise level the 90D seems to handle it well but i think what helped the most is the night flats. 

I'm sure you're right... but not clear what you mean by night flats? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LeeHore7 said:

I'm looking at the star adventurer now for my canon 450d along with my tamron 70-300mm lens, to see if possible I x as n use it on my tripod from dark sites, how do you rate the star adventurer 

i rate it very highly so long as you get the balance right and the polar alighnment sorted

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tommohawk said:

I'm sure you're right... but not clear what you mean by night flats? 

night flats is something i am experimenting with - i have made an opaque filter to take care of the noise and uneven sky glow at the same time but its to early to confirm that it works in most situations but it looks promising.

2 minutes ago, toxic said:

night flats is something i am experimenting with - i have made an opaque filter to take care of the noise and uneven sky glow at the same time but its to early to confirm that it works in most situations but it looks promising.

I'm intrigued! Is this a "hard" filter ie a real glass type thing you use when shooting, or a virtual one used in processing?

Just now, Tommohawk said:

I'm intrigued! Is this a "hard" filter ie a real glass type thing you use when shooting, or a virtual one used in processing?

it is a real filter that screws in front of the lens