Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrophotography camera

Astrid

First picture correct last picture wrong , so in first picture wind focuser in so there is only about 20 mm of silver tube showing you should be somewhere near focus , try in daylight focus on distant object . I use a Nikon d5300 and canon 1000d and on a 200pds and a 130pds can achieve focus 

On 10/01/2021 at 15:07, rohanpai said:

@bottletopburly  and @Gaurav Mk - do you have a photo of your DSLR setup on the focuser that worked? I mounted my Nikon D5300 using the 2 in. adapter  (after removing the 1.25in tube that holds the eyepiece) and could not get focus. I tried different settings of the focuser tube. At best, I got was the spider vanes from secondary mirror.

My 200pds was well collimated.  

DSC_0120.NEF 19.67 MB · 9 downloads

Yeah, 200 pds will not cause issues with focus. I will try to provide u the image next time I setup the telescope. Could you please show us a picture of ur setup?

Two things-

1. After removing the 1.25in tube and connecting the dslr using t ring, I hope you don't have any extension tube and it goes directly into the focusser

2. Hope you have tried moving the focusser position from minimum to maximum

Hi @Gaurav Mk - yep. Tried it all and still didn't get focus.

One thing I realized last night was that with all collimation, my primary mirror has moved way in - beyond the depth of the locking screw. I am going to reset the mirror, re-collimate and then try the focus. Waiting for clear skies here in Sydney.

• Like 1