Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn (20/09/2020)

rob_r

A latest effort of Saturn with a Mak 127 and a Canon 600D (unmodded) on a EQ5 mount plus a 2x barlow.
Taken on 20th September between 21:10 and 21:38.

14x 120s (approx) AVI videos at ISO800. Had to manually press start/stop on the camera.
Converted all the AVI videos files into SER files via Siril.
Stacked all the resulting frames in AutoStekkert, 15% of the best frames. Brightened x4 to auto map alignment points. Noise Robust set to 7 (Low SNR) as the videos were quite noisy.
A little wavelet sharpening and denoise in Registax 6 for all 14 stacked images, auto stretched on opening each image. 
Tried to do a de-rotation within WinJupos but ended up with a 'time interval error'. I'm unsure what difference it would make anyway as there appears to be very little detail and perhaps too small anyway.
Stacked the resulting 14 images into a single image in Siril using 'Planetary alignment' method. 

It is another step in improvement for me but lacks any discernible surface or ring details.

I might give BackyardEOS a go in future and certainly considering a ZWO ASI224MC but everywhere seems out of stock at the moment.

Saturn.jpg

• Like 4