Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mars mono vs osc

AbsolutelyN

There have been some amazing photos of mars posted and i’ve Been noticing the mono camera seem to capture better blues. I did a google on mono vs osc and found this:

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/729197-difference-between-osc-and-monofilters-for-mars/

I just wondered if people experienced with mono and osc had an opinion on which will produce best results. I’ve been veering to osc as here in uk good seeing for planets seems/feels rather  fleeting and you may for example get a good red but bad green + blue. Any thoughts appreciated. 

Edited by AbsolutelyN

What do you consider to be the best results?

The most accurate color reproduction or "the most pleasing" result. Mind you, later can be quite influenced by images we see online - that might be processed to people's liking rather than to true color.

OSC cameras are inherently more capable of color reproduction than mono+RGB. At least RGB as most vendors make them. There are few exceptions that don't have straight edges that are better for color reproduction - but no astro camera reproduces color "out of the box".

Color needs to be processed carefully if you want to get true color of object.