NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dew control for Celestron 9.25

I had the same scope, I used both Dew Shield & Dew strap together with no issue, I had the Kendrick 4 point connector controller (although I only ever used the one connection), I placed the Dew Band over the Shield approx in line with the Corrector Plate .

Eric

• Like 1

Hair dryer is the best option.

Heating a scope up with a dew heater when you are trying to get the scope cool never made any sense to me. You will constantly have interference from unstable air currents. At least with a hair dryer the tremors dies down fairly quickly.
My thoughts were confirmed at a lecture given by Damian Peach last year who uses the hair dryer method for that reason.

1 minute ago, Mr Spock said:

Hair dryer is the best option.

Heating a scope up with a dew heater when you are trying to get the scope cool never made any sense to me. You will constantly have interference from unstable air currents. At least with a hair dryer the tremors dies down fairly quickly.
My thoughts were confirmed at a lecture given by Damian Peach last year who uses the hair dryer method for that reason.

Thanks, I'm sure that works well though for backyard use I must practice silent astronomy.