Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Still learning... Pleiades

gaz81

Had a go at Pleiades... still leaning 🙂  

With Skywatcher 72ED, Sony A7II on a skywatcher AZ GTI in EQ mode.

15 x 4 min subs.

I did have a generic Sky watcher light pollution filter on, but have a feeling I lost data due to that... only my second real attempt at long exposures like this though.

I feel I have over processed, but seems a difficult subject due to the bright stars in the middle and still getting my head around PS.

Autosave Edit JPG.jpg

Autosave.tif

• Like 12

Ahhh... thanks for the feedback. 

Thought they were ment to that saturated, can if hard when looking at examples of other peoples edits online 🙂 

Will gave it a tinker. 

was pretty good doing an edit while watching an Astrobackyard vid. Like editing individual colour channels for noise etc. 

I think there is more to this data. Here is quick extract of green channel as luminance and a bit of stretching:

image.png.efc9f8a03893adaee37804d7752c54cc.png

Once gradient is removed and color calibrated and applied to this luminance, I think there could be rather nice image.

Your original rendition is too blue and stars are without color - as if whole image is monochrome with a blue cast over it. Data is not like that - there is quite a bit of red and yellow in there as well.