Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M33

mackiedlm

I have had 3 clear nights since April so I was excited when Clear outside told me I had a whole clear night coming up - but that was not to be.

I ended up with barely an hour before clouds rolled in. So this is a very short 1 hour integration on a unseasonably warm night so don't zoom in too tight as noise is definitely an issue - though PI has tamed it to some extent

8" LX200GPS on a wedge, EOS700Da
22 X 180s ISO800
Processed in PixInsight

M33_LX_PI_Final.thumb.png.fd436349e0a20a88164cfa4f1c27d421.png

Comments and suggestions for improvement greatly appreciated.

• Like 7

Just now, mackiedlm said:

You mean the two colour distortion on the HA regions? I have no idea how that happened but I get what you mean.

I didn't actually notice the HA regions but they look good to me. However, I was thinking about the contrast between the sharpness and details in the galaxy compared to the background;)

13 minutes ago, Victor Boesen said:

I didn't actually notice the HA regions but they look good to me. However, I was thinking about the contrast between the sharpness and details in the galaxy compared to the background;)

Ah Ok.yes I concentrated on trying to bring out the details in the core but leaving the rest soft. It also helped tame the background noise a bit.

• Like 1