NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Help make our skies darker

philf

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Philly

Great to put it on there as more people are signing up. Yes, I know it may not "work" but if you keep knocking on a door then eventually someone will answer !

Thanks for the post

Phil

Interesting article on the BBC : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6440751.stm

might write to my local district council and say "Oi, fools, listen up!"..............well maybe not in that way, but clearly lay down my message.

They don't seem to realise that energy wasted on lighting is energy wasted altogether, only 5% of our leccy is from renewables and they're going to reduce CO2 by 80% for 2050....yeh right, a third runway along with the governments target of 40% new housing for rural areas will really help...fools!

Have mailed the editor at popastro

Have mailed the FAS contact address

Have also mailed the newsletter editor at SAGAS

Thanks for that - wonderful suggestions - if you have any more than those three then I contact those too

Thanks once again

Phil

Hey Philly

Great to put it on there as more people are signing up. Yes, I know it may not "work" but if you keep knocking on a door then eventually someone will answer !

Yep! :)

Is this petition going around all the forums of astronomy and science magazines, i.e. Sky @Night, Sky and Telescope, Astronomy Now (if they do have a forum, not sure...), etc etc? It's worth asking their editors and website masters.

Archived