Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Locations around Crawley

Hi there all,

I've not been on a forum or actually had much time for any viewing in a couple of years now (young kids), however want to start taking my scope out again. Does anyone have any good locations around Crawley that they wouldn't mind sharing? I've been over to Devils Dyke recently and Ashdown Forest a little while ago. Any other suggestions appreciated!

Kind regards,

Firoze

1 minute ago, Davey-T said:

This is great Dave. Thanks very much! I am certainly going to head down to Birling Gap sometime. I've visited during the day and thought it could be ideal. Ditchling Beacon is certainly an accessible option! Many thanks, very much appreciated!

2 hours ago, NosyTrader said:

This is great Dave. Thanks very much! I am certainly going to head down to Birling Gap sometime. I've visited during the day and thought it could be ideal. Ditchling Beacon is certainly an accessible option! Many thanks, very much appreciated!

Wouldn't the city lights of Brighton reach Ditchling Beacon. I'm not from that area so i wouldn't know. 

16 hours ago, KeithP22 said:

Wouldn't the city lights of Brighton reach Ditchling Beacon. I'm not from that area so i wouldn't know. 

I was there last night. I have to say I was a little disappointed. There was far more light pollution that I expected. It didn't help that there is a football stadium with it's flood lights on all night!

7 hours ago, NosyTrader said:

I was there last night. I have to say I was a little disappointed. There was far more light pollution that I expected. It didn't help that there is a football stadium with it's flood lights on all night!

Better than your back garden though?