Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Firmware issue, or am I the issue? ;-)

Hi everyone. In anticipation of clear skies tonight (although it is starting to cloud over) I started setting up early.

I tried following this guide https://worcspaul.wordpress.com/2011/06/14/accurately-setting-the-“home”-or-“park”-position-on-a-skywatcher-eq5-pro-mount/

to set the scope to the home position. However, when I got to the part where it says to use the scroll keys to overwrite the current axis positions, I could not see any way of doing this. Once you go into show position the scroll keys don't do anything.

Am I doing somewthing daft, or is it the firmware version I have. I am on 3.12 and it is an EQ5 Pro Synscan mount.

Any help greatfully received, as ever...

That article was dated 2011, I couldn't see mention of which firmware they were using but the latest firmware for the V3 handset (which I assume yours is, going by the firmware version) seems to be from 2018.  You may want to look through the changes to the firmware versions (or try updating) here.

The original poster of that article still seems to be active in the comments (as of January 2020) so you might want to ask your question there as well.