Lion Nebula Sh2-132 HaOiii

gorann

Thursday nigh I collected Oiii with the RASA 8 from both Sh2-119 (bicolor posted yesterday) and on the Lion Nebula. I combinded these with Ha data that I collected about a week ago. The RASA 8 if an f/2 telescope and Ha was collected with the high-speed Baader Ha filter but for the Oiii I used the ordinary 8.5 nm Baader Oiii filter and it seems to work well. This makes me wonder if not the "high-speed" filters just are filters with a broad bandwidth.

Ha in the red channel and Oiii in the blue channel, and I made a synthetic green channel by 50:50 mixing of the Ha and Oiii data. Then I tweeked the colours towards an RGB look. All done in PS except initial calibration and stacking in PI.

Ha: 54 x 5 min. Oiii: 26 x 5 min. ASI1600MMpro set at gain 139, offset 50, -20°C. My NEQ6 did the tracking.

Sharpless 2-132, aka the Lion Nebula, is a faint emission nebula on the Cepheus/Lacerta border, estimated to be at a distance of about 10,000 light years.

20200901-2 Sh2-132 Ha RASA bicolor PS20smallSign.jpg

Edited by gorann
  • Like 8