Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ngc5146

alacant

Hi everyone

Visitors due with their shiny new 72ed had the flight cancelled at the last moment. Unfortunate. I was curious to see if there had been any improvement in sw refractors since my experience with an 80ed.

Not as much of that nice dark nebula as the 72, but... The lack of moon as you carry out the telescope gives a false sense of optimism. Within an hour you could read a book by moonlight. Anyway, enough excuses. This is with the Bresser nt150s and EKOS' very solid multistar guide and PPEC. Alas, seem to be back without blue stars, despite Siril's photometric database:( 

Thanks for looking and please share your images of the same. 

eos700d @ ISO800

643172289_1-5416(1).thumb.jpg.feede456631a76d4ac56057aa4de508f.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 6

A very nice result, espeicially under partial moonlight.  The weaksest channel in this image is, in my view, the blue. There's a lovely reflection nebula to the right of the Cocoon in your orientation which is just showing, so you might be able to tease a bit more out. It's on the left in mine, below.

spacer.png

Some time ago Fabian Neyer did one of his deep Ha background projects on this region. This is my attempt along the same lines:

spacer.png

Olly

• Thanks 1