NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Frustration !!!

vlebo

I dropped of my last client in Chesham last night at about 8pm and looked up to see a crystal clear night with Orion hanging there in south as clear as I have ever seen it. Jumped back in my car and drove the 20 miles to my house in double quick time all excited about the nights viewing ahead. Looked up outside my house and was greeted by 100% , total and complete cloud cover.

Thinking of getting a pair of 25 x 100 binos and a tripod and leaving them in my boot so I do not miss out on a clear spot again while on my travels.

Vlebo

Some binos in the car is a good idea. Even some lighter weight 15x70's, like the Revelation. They can easily be used without a tripod to make things even easier and give a marked improvement over the 10x50's for looking at the faint fuzzies.

Hi Vlebo

I'm about 25 miles South of you and I had exactly the same experience.

Got home at 10pm it was clear. Went inside to get my stuff and 2 mins later thick cloud

Was thinking exactly the same about leaving a spotting scope in the car

Cheers

Danny

lol I know how you lot feel, Was leaving work last night, Great view of venus, Itching to get home, I then dragged my dob out to cool down while i went for my lunch, etc.....come out to cloud cover, I was so cheesed off i nearly wept.

Archived