Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mounting asiair pro

Hi all

I am trying to mount my asiair pro on the L bracket of my star adventurer but I can't seem to find a fitting for the available screw. I've circled it on the picture below. Does anyone know where I can get one that's suitable.

Thanks

Jack 

B6265E02-76EE-4FB7-8D03-A6DC4D296C56.jpeg

Depending on the hole spacing on the Asiair you could remove that bolt and fix the Asiair using the other two holes in the dovetail.

Got a SWSA but waiting on delivery of Asiair so can't be much more help until it arrives.

Dave

Thanks for the responses, I’ve taken the thread off but unfortunately I can’t get the holes to line up properly as such I can only get one bolt attached it is secure but just moves slightly. So I’ll test it this weekend (if the clouds clear).

all the best

Jack

Thanks for all the ideas, I had another go this weekend and have found a good mounting spot it’s not actually on the mount but the tripod itself. There is a threaded hole which lets me mount the ball head into it, the only problem is it’s in the way when I polar align but I can loosen the ball head and move it out the way to make it a bit easier. 

all the best

Jack

0AABAF5D-06F8-445A-9AE3-392F658E1C38.jpeg

• Like 1

I'm over the moon with how the asiair pro and star adventurer work. Previously I was using a 200-400 lens on it and I find the auto stack really useful as I'm terrible with editing and only have an Ipad. Below is a picture I completed with my previous set up and using the auto stack (as you can see my editing skills aren't great).

The evostar is new to me and I had planned on having a good few hours this weekend just gone but I had a nightmare trying to balance it as the dovetail is very short. As such I never managed any imaging but I now have a longer bar coming from FLO which should sort that out. Hopefully once it's balanced I can my first photos with it. 

DE10BB3D-79CB-4FBA-9FEC-32606F212126.jpeg

• Like 1