Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Scope

hi all ... Just purchased this whopping telescope today should be here in a few days its the Orion 08946e 36X Reflector Telescope 10inch Dob..read alot of reviews all claiming it was fantastic  so I decided to get it after a few days of deliberation and pondering...I own the Tal 100 r which I love and a Skywatcher 150/1200 refractor ...so dont know if this Orion will be better I`m hoping so ..maybe someone on here could let me know thanks

A very good scope. Pretty much the same as the Skywatcher Skyliner 250PX and there are a lot of fans of that scope on here.

The Orion 10 inch will show deep sky objects better than the TAL or the 150mm refractor can because it gathers more light. On the moon and planets it might be a closer call between the 150 refractor and the dob but the 10 inch dob will not show any false colour of course.

Hope you enjoy it !

Hi John and Thanks for reply and info...yeah having read reviews online it tempted me to buy it..cant wait to see it arrived ...just hope we get some good clear nights to try it out...I`m near Blackpool so we suffer alot from cloud these days very frustrating