NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Asi533 mc pro on a 1000mm Newtonian

Craig a

46 minutes ago, CCD-Freak said:

I was using the Sky Watcher Aplanatic coma corrector.  the corners look good but I notice a circular halo on the brighter stars so I need to figure out where it is coming from.  I have used this corrector on an 8" F5 and an ASI-1600MC and I did not notice it with that setup.  I will be putting the ASI-533MCP on a 10" F4.7 Newt in the near future.   Here is a pix of the setup for the NGC281 image.

John
CCD-Freak
WD5IKX

IMG_8410.JPG

That’s a nice looking setup you have there very nice indeed 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam J said:

What is the tube length on your moonlight? Just wondering if the SW CC will push it back into the light path. 

Also I would check your mirror clips are not too tight. 

Adam

Tube length is 80mm approx 

5 hours ago, Craig a said:

Tube length is 80mm approx 

Huum, I think that tube is too long for the 130PDS at focus it will be sticking into the tube and taking a bite out of your stars/ creating additional halos.

I think they reccomend the 35mm tube for the 130PDS.

Adam

12 hours ago, Adam J said:

Huum, I think that tube is too long for the 130PDS at focus it will be sticking into the tube and taking a bite out of your stars/ creating additional halos.

I think they reccomend the 35mm tube for the 130PDS.

Adam

Surely I could cut the tube down to length?i will test it tonight on a object I can see approx 20 miles away from our window, the travel distance of the tube is 35mm if that’s what you meant? 

Edited by Craig a

1 minute ago, Craig a said:

Surely I could cut the tube down to length?i will test it tonight on a object I can see approx 20 miles away from our window 

The focuser tube? I dont think so as there would be nothing to stop it from falling out if you cut it down. 

Adam

1 hour ago, Adam J said:

The focuser tube? I dont think so as there would be nothing to stop it from falling out if you cut it down. 

Adam

On looking at flo at the moonlite for newtonians  it’s the 35mm travel that’s the one I’ve got, there’s only two 50mm travel(standard) and 35mm travel, I’ve got the 35mm travel, when you asked for the tube length I gave you the measurement of the length of the whole  tube from the camera end to the telescope side 

Edited by Craig a

4 hours ago, Craig a said:

On looking at flo at the moonlite for newtonians  it’s the 35mm travel that’s the one I’ve got, there’s only two 50mm travel(standard) and 35mm travel, I’ve got the 35mm travel, when you asked for the tube length I gave you the measurement of the length of the whole  tube from the camera end to the telescope side 

Sorry I meant the travel length. You will have no issues.

Edited by Adam J

😂 no worry’s you had me in a panic for a while till to got in from work! 130pds is now sitting on the neq6, re balanced and just ordered a shorter usb3 cable for the camera when it arrives, the two meter one that it comes with is abit too long for for my needs, took my fishing scales out and weighed the 130 with its guidescope and rings, 13lbs on the dot without the camera, also out of curiosity weighed the 10 inch f4 and that’s over 30lbs without a guidescope or anything else! What a difference I was able to take a counter weight off the bar also, a hell of a lot  more manageable this setup 

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

Thank you all for very interesting thread. Orginally I wanted to buy the ASI533MC, but I'm not sure now.

I have Bresser Messier 254 Newtonian: 10", 1270mm, F/5 cut to 9" F/5.5 because of not nice shadow of the main mirror holders and focuser tube. Doesn't matter, 230mm is still a big diameter. Now I use EOS 6D with Baader MPCC Mk III and it works well. I have pic scale 1.06 "/px. I have also SW Evoguide 50 ED + FF with 3.2 "/px scale. Their ratio is 1:3.01 and I am happy with that. 

You may think how I swing the 17kg OTA, around 20kg with all accessories? I have 100% ATM heavy fork mount, 70+ kg load capacity. Its accuracy is now around 0.1-0.2", as I use stepper motors without encoders. My best RMS was 1.2"/px, but the seeing was around 2.4" (according the meteoblue). I expect it to be much better, when the seeing allows. Recently I wait...

Well, regarding the ASI533MC, I thought I want it, as I aim in small DSOs. Presenly I have 1.06"/px scale, but with the 533 I should have 0.61"/px that is not too good. I don't want to pay £1k and stuck with the lucky imaging, what do you think? 

Adam J , exactly two years ago you wrote "don't touch the ATIK414XE OSC", why? I finally smiled for a while, because it would give me 1.05"/px that is exactly same as my EOS 6, but it has smaller smensor, additionally cooled! Look, how huge is the M13 in my setup with that ATIK! I know that I can get the same size by cropping pics from the EOS 6D, but I cannot get the cooling this way. Moreover, I think I wouldn't need the CC with that!

I want exactly the OSC, because I live in Liverpool and I have no good weather and not enough time for spending it playing with mono and filters. I have Optolong L-eXtreme and IDAS LPS-D2 and they must be enough for now. 

So, why not the ATIK414XE OSC?

Thanks in advance for expanding this subject.

Tomasz.

M13_astronomy_tools_fov.png

M13_astronomy_tools_fov.png

Edited by Vroobel
Added picture