Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Secondhand LZOS refractor

The paperwork looks superb !

2001 is going back a bit but LZOS certainly do know how to make a fine objective lens :smile:

When independently tested the LZOS objectives usually turn out to be at least as good as the supplied tests say if not a wee bit better.

I'd like to see some pics of the scope, when you get the chance :smile:

I just  gave it a tap, doesn't sound metallic, not magnetic, warmish to the  touch. (could be the paint?)

It's supposed to be a CNC if that tells you anything (not sure what that means as lots of things are these days?)

may be Kruppax? I read that that is better than metal tube

It looks like a Kruppax 50 tube. Not sure what they used in 2001 though :icon_scratch:

One benefit of that material is that the scope will be practically immune from dewing. Mine just never has even though the tube exterior has been dripping with it.

If you need to know for sure, Markus Ludes at APM keeps records of all the LZOS scopes that APM have ever sold. He was able to supply me with duplicates of the original 2006 paperwork - the originals were lost by the previous owner of my scope.

Thanks John

I may do that, It doesn't feel as heavy as you might think so it probably is Kruppax, certainly not as heavy as those metal TMB's on cloudy whatsits or even C11

I bought one of  those  Primaluce temperature monitoring  devices a few  months back, guess I  may not need it  😉 

• Like 1