NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SW .85 Reducer/corrector Problem.

Hi, I have a SW 100ED Refractor with .85 Focal Reducer Set up for Canon EOS camera.

I want to use it in conjunction with my new ZWOasi294mc Pro.

Is there an adapter that I can use to enable this.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by Chris M48

Thanks for that. My problem is that the focuser is set up for EOS and thus has a bayonet connector attached with grub screws. It needs to have a connection suited to my new asi camera.

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Chris M48 said:

My problem is that the focuser is set up for EOS and thus has a bayonet connector attached with grub screws. It needs to have a connection suited to my new asi camera.

Doesn't the whole EOS adapter just unscrew from the rear of the reducer - it should? You then add extension rings until you get the correct spacing from the rear of the reducer to the sensor on the ZWO (55mm +- 1mm).

1 hour ago, Chris M48 said:

“ bayonet connector attached with grub screws. “

The grub screws are internal to the design of the Canon EOS bayonet adapter. No need to touch them, as Steve says, just unscrew the whole adapter from the FR/Corr. Then the extension tubes supplied with the ASI camera screw onto the same thread.

Indeed it does Steve but it didn’t look like it at first sight. A lack of confidence and knowledge on my part. I hope this might help someone else in the future.
Thanks Knobby, Steve and Avocette for helping sort this out for me.

SGL strikes again.

Clear skies everyone.

Edited by Chris M48