NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Connecting Sky Safari 6 plus to synscan pro

DannyW

Does anyone have a step by step guide for connecting Safari 6 plus to a Skywatcher star discovery 150pi (Wifi enabled) running Synscan pro. I have recently bought this scope and have successfully used the scope several times now aligning, using goto and tracking with Synscan Pro. I control the scope using an iphone 7. Any help would be appreciated.

Can the iphone multitask yet? Used to be the case you needed 2 IOS devices, one to use the skywatcher app  and then another one for Skysafari. Android does not have this issue.

Dont know if things have changed since my iphone 6

Edited by omo

29 minutes ago, omo said:

Can the iphone multitask yet? Used to be the case you needed 2 IOS devices, one to use the skywatcher app  and then another one for Skysafari. Android does not have this issue.

Dont know if things have changed since my iphone 6

SkySafari has been updated so that you should be able to connect with just one devices now. I think you select Skywatcher SynScanLink and it should work. Not sure if there is other configuration needed as I’ve not actually used it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys. I think you may be right about a single IOS device. I've just tried it using the Synscanlink connection and it moved the telescope. I'll try aligning etc next but many thanks for the advice. There's so much to learn.  What a wonderful hobby