Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to do multiple long exposure shots on smartphone

Hi

This will be a totally ignorant question but here goes, Is there a way of setting up my android smartphone to take multiple long exposure shots without having to keep pressing the shutter button, as I d like to just set up my phone on its tripod to take captures through the night to catch the Perseids.  Or set up the scope with my webcam and sharpcap to run through the night, as I can do startrail photos on my phone to do extremely long exposures but want that minus the star trail.  I realise I'm asking for gold when all that is there is muck but thought id ask :)

2 hours ago, Waddensky said:

Open Camera is another great app to get more features than most stock camera apps. Note that maximum exposure time is often limited by the manufacturer camera hardware.

Yes mine is set to 30 seconds, just been looking at deep sky camera and seems to be doing what I want which is taking long exposure images one after the other for as long as I want, so I can set up up to take images of the Perseids and hopefully capture one