Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Combining H-Alpha and RGB

Newbie question here. First the bad news... I've been struggling with software to figure out how to combine H-Alpha images with RGB images, despite looking at online tutorials. The good news... I have a one-on-one tutorial lined up for Monday night to learn how to do this with with Photoshop.  I've even managed to capture a decent enough, stacked, H-Alpha shot of the North America Nebula to use for this session taken from my south London back garden (see very low res attached). The issue... I was hoping to get an RGB image on a separate night to practice with, combining it with my H-Alpha image. But it has been too cloudy and the remaining two nights before the tutorial are looking too bad to get this done (bright moon, clouds, agh!). Does anyone have an RGB image of the North America nebula I could use to practice with? Ideally, it's an image that needs a bit of work and hasn't been made to look wonderful. I know you all take wonderful shots but if it's unpolished and a bit raw, that's fine as the idea is to work it up and combine it with my H-Alpha. Or... if you have an RGB and H Alpha of any other nebula I could practice with and use to combine on Monday, that would be equally useful. 

As an addicted newbie, there's been a lot to learn, but I've mostly managed to grapple with various beginner frustrations and clangers and keep moving up the curve (am still in the foothills though). But I've got a complete block with the workflow on this aspect, so I've had to put my hands up and ask for help in a tutorial... or as many tutorials as it takes to nail this.

Is asking for someone's RGB and narrow band image heresy in the astrophotography world? er... you'll no doubt let me know.

Thanks in advance.

North America Nebula-2.jpg

Edited by Jezphil
tinker