Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus - First time WOW!

Big Charlie

I just worked out how to use the equatorial mount on my new scope! Then off I went and swung it round to look at the moon (in the greatest ever detail I've seen in the flesh and then I swung it round and picked up Venus which was cresented and looked fantastic). WOW I need to see more! :hello2:

Good work mate :hello2:

I have yet to see Venus through my 'scope as it has been too low down to be seen from my drive recently, although I will probably sneek to my neighbour's drive to have a quick look sometime too!

The Moon is absolutely breathtaking through a scope isn't it!?

Remy

Saturn was only at 1 degree and it won't be visible for me in the north east of England for some time I'm lead to believe. I didn't even know Venus has stages until I looked at it. My scope goe's upto X70 with my 10mm eyepiece. I'm thinking of buying another as I only have a 10mm and 25mm. :hello2:

Thanks ZOG. I'm just going off the software I got with my scope. I will look for it but I'm not sure of how to work out where it is using the RA and Dec yet. I've managed to work out how to polar alingn it. 55 degrees north, and align to Polaris??? I hope I read the manual correctly! :hello2:

Archived